Monday, January 30, 2012

Building Habits

I've found that this first week is more about building habits than pushing for immediate results.


As for my results over the past week, I fell short of my physical goals a bit. I only swam Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Also, we had some horrible weather last week so I decided not to venture onto the ice with Abe until Sunday. What's become glaringly obvious this week is the need to utilize any free time allowed in the schedule. I have a pretty hectic travel schedule on Tuesday's so that will need to be my built-in rest day. I also have a 4-yr old, a 1-yr old, and all the scheduling problems that come with young kids along with a puppy in training classes. Since it seems to be the only time where conflicts can be avoided, I need to be more diligent with an early morning routine. Luckily, I have a later flight than usual tomorrow morning so I'll be able to put my new schedule into immediate action.

As far as my actual exercise in concerned, I'm very proud of my progress. I'm now doing a mile in the pool without stopping and 2 miles running with Abe. I've been working hard at controlling my portion size at meals, the healthy aspect of the food isn't such a problem in my house. I've started drinking at least 1 gallon of water per day. I have a feeling that was reflected in my lack of weight loss this week (1 gallon = 9 lbs.).

Here's to another week of moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment